The Court granted review in McDonald v. City of Chicago, a case decided by the Seventh Circuit in early-June. SCOTUSblog has a collection of cert. stage briefs that you can access here and David Kopel has an intersting collection of background reading available on Volokh Conspiracy here. Notably, well-regarded conservative judges Frank Easterbrok and Richard Posner both ruled against incorporation in this case.
1 Comment Published by Kedar S. Bhatia September 30th, 2009 in Constitutional Law, Court Procedure, Supreme Court
- Agreement Between Justices Scalia and Thomas During October Term 2012
- Advocates Arguing from Private Practice (OT 2000-2011)
- Top Supreme Court Advocates of the Twenty-First Century
- Justice Thomas’ History at Oral Argument
- Likelihood of a Petition Being Granted
- Advocate Watch
- Concurring or Dissenting Without an Opinion
- Fascinating Video Interviews with Justice Ginsburg
- The Supreme Court and Test Cases
- What Does the Supreme Court’s delay on the DOMA and Same-Sex Marriages Cases Mean? Almost Nothing.