Justice Sotomayor formally took her seat on the Supreme Court after her investiture ceremony this afternoon. Among other things, Attorney General Eric Holder delivered to her a commission – the same object at the center of controversy in Marbury v. Madison. She is wearing a Bentley and Simon J-71 robe that was given to her as a gift from clerks at the 2nd Circuit and her collar was a gift from Justice Ginsburg.
Published by Kedar S. Bhatia September 8th, 2009 in Sonia Sotomayor, Supreme Court
- Agreement Between Justices Scalia and Thomas During October Term 2012
- Advocates Arguing from Private Practice (OT 2000-2011)
- Top Supreme Court Advocates of the Twenty-First Century
- Justice Thomas’ History at Oral Argument
- Likelihood of a Petition Being Granted
- Advocate Watch
- Concurring or Dissenting Without an Opinion
- Fascinating Video Interviews with Justice Ginsburg
- The Supreme Court and Test Cases
- What Does the Supreme Court’s delay on the DOMA and Same-Sex Marriages Cases Mean? Almost Nothing.