In the first Orders List of the new year, the Supreme Court accepted review in six new cases. You can find it on the Court’s website here. They include three sentencing cases, one Indian Tribes case, one civil RICO case, and a case about Article III standing. Over the next few days I’ll be offering a synopsis of each of the cases, the first of which will be Irizarry v. US, one of the sentencing cases.
0 Comments Published by Kedar S. Bhatia January 6th, 2008 in Court Procedure, Supreme Court
- @JoshMBlackman Thanks! It's been quite a ride. 5 days ago
- Filing a merits-stage amicus brief in the SCOTUS on the say I graduate from law school. Gotta love the universe's sense of humor. 5 days ago
- Looking forward to a new set of decisions next week. It's been a fascinating Term so far and I suspect the big cases will have some drama. 1 week ago
- Agreement Between Justices Scalia and Thomas During October Term 2012
- Advocates Arguing from Private Practice (OT 2000-2011)
- Top Supreme Court Advocates of the Twenty-First Century
- Justice Thomas’ History at Oral Argument
- Likelihood of a Petition Being Granted
- Advocate Watch
- Concurring or Dissenting Without an Opinion
- Fascinating Video Interviews with Justice Ginsburg
- The Supreme Court and Test Cases
- What Does the Supreme Court’s delay on the DOMA and Same-Sex Marriages Cases Mean? Almost Nothing.