CNN/YouTube Debate or Bust

I’m watching the debate right now and it is wildly mildly exciting. Some of the questions have been mildly humorous but also serious (see: snowman) although most have been stupid or very serious. The best answer thus far has been Barack Obama’s response to whether or not he would work for a minimum wage. Overall, however, 90% of the debate has the same that we would see in any debate. The other 10% though, has been rather interesting. Here is my scorecard:

Hilary Clinton- A-: She kept her lead and didn’t mess it up. If you call that a victory, then she got an A-, if you consider a victory a performance that will sway voters to her side, she got closer to a B+ or B.

Barack Obama- B+: Good, but not as he needs to take overtake Clinton.

John Edwards- B: Edwards didn’t take the initiative that he needed to in order to creep into the top tier of candidates. He might have held is ground, but I would truly be surprised if he gains a lot of supporters from this performance.

Mike Gravel- B-: Even though he sounded angry the whole time, he had some answers that really pandered to the radical liberal base. I think he answered the questions in ways that might help him grab some primary vote, but it certainly won’t be enough to push im into the top or even second tier.

Dennis Kucinich- C+: He was silly but that’s his thing. I still keep trying to look for the ‘one ring, to rule them all’ on his hand.

Joe Biden- C: He had a perfectly mediocre performance. In my school, a ‘C’ was considered average, but it certainly wasn’t enough to to catch up to the top tier candidates.

Chris Dodd- C-: He behaved a lot like Biden but didn’t have the the same understated charm. He was brash and his attitude made it hard for me to take him seriously.

Bill Richardson- D: That was the way a desperate, desperate candidate sounds. He looked like he had practiced so hard on his answers the he actually ended up being really stiff and insincere.

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.


Random Posts

  • Updated Advocate Scorecard (OT00-10): The Court's hearing list for this month completes the list of attorneys who will argue before the Supreme Court during October Term 2010. I'...
  • Change is Fun But...: I'm sad to see Justice Stevens leave the Court for a variety of reasons that have been well documented by people smarter than me. I'm also e...
  • Justice Thomas' History at Oral Argument: The big news in the world of the Supreme Court today is that Justice Thomas finally spoke at oral argument. It is not clear exactly what he ...
  • An Unusually Short Long Conference: The Supreme Court released an order list from yesterday's Long Conference and, in a surprising move, it granted only seven cases. That numbe...
  • Justice Ginsburg and the Future of the Court: One can only hope that Senator Jim Bunning (R-KY) horded the tasteless Intrade contract for "Ruth Bader Ginsburg to Be Next Justice to Depar...