Yao had a pretty interesting preview of the GOP debate coming up tomorrow night. Here are the top 5 things I’m looking forward to.
5) God- No one doubts that every candidate will talk about their faith. Mitt Romney isn’t going to have any trouble making his faith compatible with the republican base, but I want to count how many times the candidates mention God and their faith.
4) Foreigners- Like Yao, I think immigration will be a major topic. I am interested to see which candidate is going to make his position seem unique, and by extention, the most right (conservative and correct.)
3) Centrism- How far to the right will the candidates go? How will they answer the gay marriage question?
2) McCain- I’m interested in a few things about McCain. First, how far to the right will he go? Most of the candidates want to appeal to the right and center but McCain just needs the core Republican base at this point. Second, how is he going to reconsile his position on Iraq with other Republican positions? Finally, will he fix his hair? (compare to here)
1) Awkward- The Republicans don’t need to distance themselves from Bush much at this point, but they also don’t want to say anything that could get them in trouble in the general election. I am soooo excited about seeing the republicans answer the question ‘Is America more or less safe as a result of the War in Iraq?’ Imagine the awkward (vague) answers.
I’ll be liveblogging the debate tomorrow night. I’ve never done a simulblog before but I think it will be quite a bit of fun.